Friday 29 April 2011

R.O.B.O.T.

It's Friday afternoon. I'm in a stunning warehouse space at Dock Des Suds in Marseille down in the south of France. All around me dozens of grizzled worker bees are putting the finishing touches to what is set to be a breathtaking production for a show I'm involved in tonight.

There's a robotic, Mad Maxian theme to the proceedings, with performance artists, twisted metal sculptures, TV installations, radical futuristic attire, and the centrepiece in an immaculate 30 foot high 3D video-mapped robot head. The booth is situated inside the demon's eyes, and all around the stage are the unmistakable shapes of Funktion One speakers. This is not a party to be trifled with and it's no exaggeration to say I haven't been this excited about a non-festival show in a loooooong time.

In a nutshell, this is Burning Man. In a warehouse.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment