Saturday 21 May 2011

Hanging Laundry out to Dry

After what seemed like an eternity of traveling, re-grouping, sleeping, not sleeping, the Australian Tour finally got underway last night at Chinese Laundry, and my, what a way to start!

The Laundry's one of those rare beasts - a club that remains, after all these years, consistently 'on the money'. When I last played here two years ago it was around the time that I was dropping my very first series of dubstep Revamps and Re-edits and I remember getting the distinct impression that the floor didn't quite know what to make of them. Fast forward two years and Friday night is reserved for Bass Music in all it's fine manifestations, and there were no such issues with pretty much anything I played in what I'd describe as a kitchen sink set.

The energy levels built and grew throughout towards a dubstep conclusion & the welcome couldn't have been warmer from the packed room's Sydney massive. I salute you all ... I couldn't have asked for a better way of kicking off my trip down under.

No comments:

Post a Comment