Sunday 22 May 2011

An Auckland Sauna

An hour in now. Everyone is wringing wet, soaked to the skin. The Be Club in Auckland is jammed, the sound system throbbing, the beats bangin'. My knees are turning to jelly in the airless booth. Air-mad punters have turned the fans on themselves. It feels like I'm sweating out - might even hit the deck at this rate ... and with that I dial it back a notch or two and pace myself to see this epic 2 & a half hours through.

There's a real intensity in the air tonight - a fair few people have been waiting for years for me to make it back to Auckland after my one & only appearance some four years back - and it's an inspiration to feel that kind of energy. I'm booked as Elite Force but with Zodiac Cartel's name also on the bill, it's a tricky juggling act at times to keep everyone happy, but juggling's what I do and it seems to build pretty nicely to a dubstep conclusion, despite losing a few to heatstroke along the way.

All in all a massive buzz & now it's time to kick back for a few days ... well, when I say kick back, I mean work obsessively on the laptop - I'm midway through a Zodiac Cartel remix of Non-Believer & wanna get that in some shape to play at the next show in Hamilton on Thursday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment