Friday 3 December 2010

Going Nowhere

-4C / 2.40pm / Home
It's been a week that 's hardly started, and here I am in the final throes.

Music production's a strange old beast - with the best will in the world I need time-blocks to ENGAGE with the groove, but it's been so fractured with the cold-weather chaos I've barely hit first base. Each time I return to the screens, there's the same leaden, uninspiring sequences of zeroes & ones & before I hit my stride there's a new, inevitable array of jobs to do ... the chickens need the ice breaking on their water, the car needs digging out of the driveway's thick compacted snow, the sheep are grumpy & need more hay bringing down from the barn.

Unfortunately the arctic blast has also now claimed my DJ show for the weekend, where I was hoping to indulge in some post-Burning Man shenanigans at the London De:Compression party.

The show goes on, but sadly I won't be able to make the trip - the roads are still virtually impassable down here and with a severe weather warning in place for heavy rain / sleet / snow it means I have no choice other than to sit this one out & wish everyone well with what will surely be an amazing party - I hope to make it next year!

Meanwhile I'm excited about the release of the Final Revamps 2010 EP on Monday on U&A. I've been pretty prolific this year and this is the final piece in a jigsaw that began back in March with the release of the first single from the Revamped album. I hope you'll grab a copy on Monday when it hits Beatport :)

PREVIEW THE WHOLE EP HERE & have a great weekend.





1 comment: